Apprentice Teaching Assistant EYFS/KS1/KS2
Working Week: Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
32 1/2 hours per week
Please visit the following link to apply: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-526648
Brief Overview of the Role
This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual with a keen interest in developing a successful career gaining experience together with achieving an accredited qualification
Wickersley Partnership Trust is a large multi academy trust. The Trust is formed around Wickersley School and Sports College: an OFSTED ‘Outstanding’ school for many years and one of the original 100 Teaching Schools. The Trust currently consists of 4 secondary schools and 7 primaries, predominantly within Rotherham, South Yorkshire. Wickersley Partnership Trust exists to further the interests of young people that it serves. We believe that education empowers and enriches. The schools that make up the Trust see sufficient on-going learning given the age and ability of every young person on their roll, as the primary objective.
“We aim to send all young people into an ever-changing world able and qualified to play their full part in it”
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, you will have many fantastic opportunities to gain a stable career within a school environment. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be aiding teaching staff in the classroom, supporting with reading writing and other classroom activities and helping advance and nurture children’s development
Wickersley Partnership Trust is well known for nurturing pupils and staff and has a proven track record in supporting apprentices to move forward in their chosen career. With the help of Dearne Valley College training, this apprenticeship will give you all you need to secure your future in the education sector and provide you with the skills that are in short supply nationwide.
Each day in a school is different and diverse. Wickersley Partnership Trust is looking for those who will bring out the best in pupils and help our schools reach their full potential, developing a clear understanding of how a school is run on a daily basis and helping care for the needs of the pupils.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the delivering and implementing work programmes to individual/groups of pupils under direction of the class teacher enabling them to achieve maximum access and participate in National curriculum
- Assist in supporting learning and teaching in the classroom
- Assist in supporting the schools behaviour systems ensuring high standards of pupil behaviour
- Assist in maximising the use of ICT in the learning process
- Assist with administering routine tests and invigilate exams/tests and undertake routine admin duties including the marking of the pupils work
- Assist within routine clerical tasks, classroom organisation and display
- Assist with class administration including filing, recording etc.
Requirements and Prospects
- Willingness to develop a basic understanding of child development
- Willingness to develop basic administrative skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer application & ICT to include Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet & e-mail
- Ability to relate to children & adults
- A calm, pleasant and sympathetic manner
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable, adaptable, enthusiastic and demonstrate a willingness to show commitment to the school and its pupils
- GCSE A*- C 9/4 grades in maths and English or equivalent