At Wickersley Partnership Trust we understand that getting the curriculum right for each and every individual student is the single most important factor in ensuring progress, encouraging positive engagement and raising aspirations. We are continually reviewing and improving the curriculum we offer.
Our curriculum is not driven by performance tables. We are proud that the curriculum in all our schools is a starting point for a wide and varied learning experience for our students. We enrich the curriculum by our strong ethos based on respect for ourselves and others, equality and a sense of wonder at the world we live in and through opportunities to develop deep and sustained engagement and give students the capability to think deeply and critically for themselves. We are committed to developing the whole student.
Our aim is for all students to leave school both able and qualified to play their full part in an ever-changing world.
This will be achieved through an ambitious, creative and innovative curriculum which empowers students with the skills, knowledge and attributes to allow them to succeed with the challenges of life beyond their time at school. (in their next phase of education and their working life).
Our curriculum aims are to:
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils that’s coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge for skills and ensure they are ready for the next key stage and eventually the world of work.
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Have a high academic/vocational/technical ambition for all pupils prioritising a strong academic core of subjects, such as those offered in the EBacc
We aim to engender a love of learning, self-belief and aspiration through 4 key intentions:
Removing barriers to learning
Developing knowledge and skills for learning in a range of subjects
Developing personal attributes (The WPT/School Way)
Enriching students’ experiences and broadening their horizons