Learning Mentor Level 2
About the role
We are seeking applications from highly motivated candidates to work as a Learning Mentor Level 2 within the Pastoral and Safeguarding Teams at Wickersley School and Sports College
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Work with targeted pupils providing specific support to assist individuals or small groups of pupils in overcoming barrier’s to learning
- Observe pupil progress, identify individual needs and support required so that individual learning plans can be developed
- Mentor pupil’s on a one to one basis, this could be pupils who have been excluded from the classroom, to assist in the implementation of individual learning plans
- Build relationships with pupil’s families/guardians in order to collaborate to tackle poor performance, attendance and behaviour. This may include completing home visits to ensure a high level of support is provided
- Review learning plans and assess pupil progress in order to assist in re-integrating pupils back into the classroom
- Develop a variety of activities to provide additional support to pupils enabling them to access the necessary resources including external facilities and academic support
- Work with external organisations to develop strong working relationships to assist in the creation of additional pupil support
- Maintain pupil records, reporting on pupil achievement and progress to ensure accurate records are maintained
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.