Learning Mentor Level 1 (Isolation Manager)
About the role
We are looking to appoint a hard-working and committed Learning Mentor to take responsibility for the Isolation Room at Wickersley School and Sports College. You will supervise and support students and work alongside the Pastoral Team to support student integration.You should have significant and successful experience of working with children with challenging behaviour and possess excellent management and organisational skills, combined with the ability to prioritise time and tasks in order to meet deadlines and provide a friendly and efficient service.
Duties will include:
- Providing particular support for pupils and access to learning
- Supporting pupils to overcome barriers to learning
- Establishing good relationships with pupils and their families/guardians, and responding to individual needs
- Using strategies to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Maintaining pupil records
- Working with other professionals e.g. Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy etc. as necessary
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.