Head of Year – Responsibility for Attitudes to Learning
Permanent, 32.5 hours per week, term time only
As soon as possible
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a System Leader with responsibility for Attitudes to Learning. The successful candidate will work within the Pastoral Team at Wickersley School and Sports College supporting and improving the attitudes to learning of the students on roll. In addition, the successful candidate will work within a team of System Leaders across Wickersley Partnership Trust to collaborate, share and disseminate good practice across all our 5 secondary schools. Key aspects of this role will involve ensuring the ethos of high expectations of behaviour, welfare and academic achievement permeate throughout the school. Teachers of the following subjects are preferable – Science, English, Maths, Spanish and French.
You will work closely with students, families and staff to remove barriers to learning, and support the development of high standards in all aspects of student attitudes to learning.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant difference to a wide range of learners at Wickersley School and Sports College and across the wider Trust. You must be a positive and passionate individual with a commitment to delivering outstanding support to young people.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Implementation of the WPT Behaviour Handbook
- Strategic lead for effective use of whole school detention
- Whole school lead for restorative practice including staff CPR and support
- Support the Non-Teaching Assistant Heads of Year with responding to incidents involving attitudes to learning
- Identification of attitudes to learning hotspots and directing the presence of Non-Teaching Assistant Heads of Year
- Proactive analysis of effort, praise and sanction room date to identify areas of need
- Identification of students requiring effort intervention
- Support the Non-Teaching Assistant Heads of Year with behaviour conduct meetings
- Support the Non-Teaching Assistant Heads of Year and Senior Leadership Team with reintegration meetings following a suspension
- Implementation of whole school rewards
- Lead on the implementation of achievement and end of year awards assemblies
- Contribute to inclusion meetings to identify appropriate intervention
Please visit our new recruitment website to apply.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.