Examiniations Officer - Administration level 4
About the role
We are looking for an organised individual with attention to detail and excellent communication skills who can play a key role within Wickersley School and Sports College as the Examinations Officer.
Your main responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of the examination processes within the school.
The role will involve establishing good working relationships with students and staff, ensuring you have strong organisational skills to undertake the role.
You should possess a good standard of secondary education (GCSE in English/Maths or equivalent) and have NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Be IT literate particularly around Google, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms.
Knowledge of Bromcom is desirable, however full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
As an Examinations Officer you should have a clear understanding of current Qualifications available to Secondary School aged students and the Examination Boards they are provided by.
Previous knowledge of Examination standards and regulations is advantageous. You will be supported in this role by becoming a funded member of the Exam Office.
- Supporting the process relating to access arrangements (for example; supporting the SENDCO in making applications, rooming, training invigilators, managing emergency access arrangements etc
- Being aware of examination changes in each academic year and updating the relevant policies
Managing the examination preparation process includes:
- Entering students for linear examinations
- Preparing examination timetables for students and staff
- Creating seating plans for each examination rooms
- Briefing candidates, staff and parents
- Receiving, checking and securely storing confidential examination materials; administeringinternal assessment etc.
Managing examination results includes:
- Accessing results electronically/downloading results from awarding body secure sites andpreparing for results to be disseminated to each student/candidate
- Liaising with stakeholders at all levels throughout the Trust.
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.