Administration Level 3 - Exams Assistant
About the role
We are looking for an organised individual with attention to detail and excellent communication skills who can play a key role within Wickersley School and Sports College.
- Support with the day-to-day operation of the office acting as first point of contact both face-to-face and over the telephone, communicating effectively with colleagues, students and internal/external stakeholders providing general advice and guidance, and ensuring all queries are dealt with appropriately
- Undertake a range of administration and organisational tasks, using a variety of ICT packages and office equipment to provide a timely and accurate support service across the department/academy/Trust
- Assist with the maintenance and development of administrative procedures to enable effective operational delivery of support services
- Accurately update and maintain complex systems and databases, and prepare and provide detailed management information reports in order to inform management decisions
- Assist with the arrangements for academy/Trust events including scheduling meetings/ events and arranging travel for senior colleagues to ensure the efficient running of events You may be required to take minutes and provide accurate records of meetings
- Manage stock levels, ordering supplies when necessary, ensuring colleagues have the correct equipment to carry out their role
- Support all elements of examinations as an Exams Assistant
Applications are particularly welcome from those who have a background of working successfully with young people. You should possess a good standard of secondary education (GCSE in English/Maths or equivalent) and have NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
You should be IT literate particularly around Google, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms.
Knowledge of Bromcom is desirable, however full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than one side of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.