Teaching Assistant Level 2 x7
Permanent, 34 hours per week, term time only
WPT Band 3 £18,933 – £19,698 (£15,055 – £15,664)
As soon as possible
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and energetic Teaching Assistants to provide learning support to identified students within Clifton Community School and Thrybergh Academy. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’.
Duties will include:
- During lessons to work under the direction of teaching staff
- Undertaking support programmes to enable access to learning of pupils
- Being routinely involved in the delivery of complex support tasks to individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Supporting students with a range of both behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Working 1:1 with students
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, and respond to individual needs
- Encouraging inclusion and acceptance in all pupils
- Encouraging pupils to interact with others and to engage in activities led by the teacher
- Identifying barriers to learning and determine appropriate strategies to support individual students
- Using strategies to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Supporting pupils to understand instructions and keep pupils on task
- Preparing resources relevant to the learning activity and assist pupils in their use
Our ideal candidates will be able to promote positive behaviour and suggest and implement activities which will help develop pupils social skills and self-discipline.
You should enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills.
A minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE grade 4/C is required and a teaching assistant qualification would be an advantage.
Please visit our new recruitment website to apply.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.