Teacher of English as an Additional Language
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a committed Teacher of English as an Additional Language (ESL or TEFL) with energy and vision to support the learning of our EAL students. You will be supported by a qualified, experienced team and be based in a new Hub specially designed to meet the needs of the students.
You should be a reliable and professional individual who is committed to giving the best education to the students you work with, who may have barriers to learning to overcome.
We aim to appoint individuals who can make a real difference, and help secure outstanding outcomes for our children and families.
- Ensure that high standards of student behaviour, in line with the school policy and procedures
- The right candidate will be eligible for a TLR
- A commitment to the development and support of effective behaviour management systems and support teachers and parents with this
- Prepare, plan, and keep detailed and up-to-date records of each lesson and session
- You will work closely with teaching staff and contribute to the assessment and learning needs of our students, providing feedback on progress and attainment
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.