School Games Organiser
Temporary (to 31/08/23), 37 hours per week, term time only
£24,920 (£21,565 pro rata)
As soon as possible
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
- To work with the School Games network to ensure that clear links are in place to develop both intra and inter-school provision in the SGO area
- To develop the workforce of teachers, non-teaching staff, parents, volunteers and particularly young leaders required to activate the School Games at all levels including the development of a leadership academy
- To ensure the provision of both inclusive and targeted opportunities for young people with SEND to access the School Games
- Is able to plan, coordinate and deliver a variety of different events throughout the academic year, including producing risk assessments and other applicable documentation
- To focus on the key transition points to offer positive experiences in physical activity and sport
- To help schools with their 60 active minutes’ provision including identifying the least active young people and engage them in appropriate activity
- To support young people to access quality coaching, progress to higher level competition and move in to clubs by working closely with CSPs and NGBs of sport including aligning with NGB competition calendars and implementing NGB priority competition formats in as many schools as possible
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure collaboration and success at a local level
- To be responsible for getting as many schools as possible to engage in the School Games and then deepen their engagement to align with the national SGO outcomes
- To facilitate local School Games Events leading up to county Events
- To ensure quality assurance and local impact measurement mechanisms are in place
- To source additional funding through submitting application bids
- To ensure development of a cultural component to the School Games
- To Contribute towards the wider Wickersley Partnership Trust PE & School Sport programme
Please visit our new recruitment website to apply.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.