About the role
You will be responsible for supporting students with the administration and support of Y10 work experience placements and working with the careers links in each secondary school. You will be a liaison between the Trust schools and an external work experience company.
You will also help to set up more bespoke work placements where needed. The role involves arranging and communicating with placement settings/hosts, planning and, where required, carrying out daily monitoring, attendance and safeguarding duties.
This role forms part of a wider Careers Team. You will also support with the Post 16 Ready to Work programme ,which supports A Level students with work experience.
To be considered for the post of Placement Officer, you must:
- Hold an appropriate qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 essential
- Have experience of working within an information, advice and guidance setting
- Be IT literate particularly around Google, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms
- Have strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and manage several different work streams at once without close supervision
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than one side of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.