OUTDOOR ACTIVITY ASSISTANT
About the role
We are seeking to appoint an Outdoor Activity Assistant to join the sports team here at Wickersley Partnership Trust.
Our ideal candidate is someone who wants to advance their career in outdoor sports.You will be required supporting the water sports activities at Ulley Country Park which take place over the summer term.
Over the other terms you will also be responsible for supporting rock climbing and archerywithin the schools.
You may also be required to take part in extra curricular activities that may occur within term time or school holidays.
- To be responsible for preparing equipment and materials and packing away at the endof lessons ensuring equipment is maintained to a suitable standard for teaching outdoor adventures.
- Providing logistical and teaching support to the teachers /outdoor instructor during outdoorsessions, carrying out assessment and observations of individuals or groups to achieve set targets
•Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for students and helpmonitor their progress, providing support for individual pupils to enable them to fullyparticipate in learning experiences
•Contribute to the coordination of a range of extra-curricular activities including participationat local competitions
- In addition to the above, the post-holder will be expected to providefirst-aid and have the relevant qualifications (training will be provided where required)
•Must have confidence around water sports and a general odea of good practice/safetymeasures and expectations from that National Govening Body prespective
•Willing to explore and assist with the different aspects + elements of outdoor activities
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.