KS3 SENDCO / KS4/5 SENDCO
About the roles
As KS3 SENDCO / KS4/5 SENDCO, you will be responsible for the provision of special educational needs in school, working closely with students, parents / carers, school staff and outside agencies to identify, assess and plan the meeting of needs of students with SEND. You will also ensure high quality teaching, effective use of resources, and high standards of learning and achievement for all students.
- Contribute to strategic decision making, working with the Director of SEND and school SLT to share expertise and insight, and help shape SEND provision
- Set, inspire and motivate all students and staff with high expectations and standards
- Lead staff by setting standards through personal classroom practice, demonstrating different strategies to deliver successful SEND provision
- Provide guidance and support to all staff with the provision of SEND, working in partnership with parents and the community, keeping them informed and involved in students’ learning
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.