Director of SEND
About the role
The Director of SEND will:
Fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the Schools Teachers Pay and Conditions documents (STPCD).
Be wholly responsible for SEND across Wickersley Partnership Trust, developing the strategic direction of SEND across school, coordinating effective provision for students with SEND, managing resources and ensuring excellent lines of communication with all stakeholders.
Work with the Trust Leadership Team and school Headteachers and SLT to ensure the best possible outcomes for SEND students.
Be responsible for the line management of SEND teams across the Trust including SENDcos, Deputy SENDcos and support staff.
The Director of SEND will support the Trust and schools in:
- Communicating the Trust’s Vision compellingly and strategically leading SEND provision
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the Trust, establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the Trust’s aims and objectives
They will also have a timetabled teaching commitment of 50% (adjusted, according to line management commitments), complying with the Teachers Standards and modelling best practice for others.
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.