Director of Safeguarding
About the role
The Director of Safeguarding will lead WPT’s Central Safeguarding Team, reporting to the CEO and with a wider accountability to the Executive Board and to Directors.
The purpose of the role is to provide expert leadership for centrally driven and Trust-wide safeguarding practice, providing a high level of quality assurance and accountability for keeping all WPT children safe so that they can learn, thrive and lead successful lives.
The aim of this role is also to secure the first strand of the Safeguarding Team’s purpose: providing quality assurance and ensuring compliance in safeguarding matters across the Trust. With this as a starting point, the Trust can offer our students, staff and communities the safe, happy and thriving schools they deserve. The post has initial line management for one position, with the potential to grow this remit in subsequent years.
The Director of Safeguarding will demonstrate the best example of WPT’s values:
- Scholarship through a mastery of the safeguarding brief and best practice in child protection
- Curiosity through seeking to understand the challenges our students and our safeguarding community face both in general and in individual circumstances
- Tenacity through a determination to advance safeguarding practice in the best interests of children in WPT’s school and communities
- Communicating the Trust’s Vision compellingly and strategically leading safeguarding provision
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the Trust, establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives, and monitoring progress
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.