Director of PSHE
About the role
The Director of PSHE will:
Fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document (STPCD).
Be wholly responsible for ensuring high quality teaching of your subject across the Trust, including the primary phase and for the progress students make and their overall attainment at KS2, GCSE and A Level, with and through leaders and TLR holders across the Trust. The teaching role will be predominantly based in one of the Trust’s schools, with release time allocated to support departments across the Trust.
- Work with your subject colleagues to develop a shared vision for your subject’s learning across Wickersley Partnership Trust
- Promote collaboration and networking between your subject leaders and teachers – one department on several sites
- To improve leadership of your subject in all Trust schools by actively promoting and further developing the Trust intentions in regards to pedagogy and achievement in your subject: removing barriers to learning, developing skills for learning, fostering personal attribute, enriching experiences and broadening their horizons
- Lead on the development of a Trust subject curriculum for KS1 through to KS5 with clear progression in key concepts and skills, built on latest research in the field, incorporating work on the mastery of critical concepts
- To promote research, trial, evaluate, disseminate and embed pedagogies which promote achievement of all learners, including the use of new technologies
- To lead quality assurance of learning and teaching of your subject across the Trust (through classroom observation, work sampling, student voice and data analysis
- Identify good practice, common and bespoke areas for development to share and collaborate on throughout the family of schools
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.