Lead ICT Technician
Permanent, 37 hours per week
WPT Band 5 £22,627 – £24,982 per annum
As soon as possible
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
We are looking for a knowledgeable, organised and experienced person to support the use and development of IT within the academy through supervising IT support in the maintenance of IT software, hardware and related equipment, and providing support to staff and pupils to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised. By providing effective and efficient support, you will help us to continue to secure the best possible educational provision in our schools.
Your role with us will involve:
- contributing to and support the development of IT services across the Trust
- responsibility for maintaining effective back-up systems and procedures and ensuring accurate restoration of data when required
- ensuring the IT budget is used effectively to support teaching and learning, and that all staff have effective IT equipment
- being responsible for the effective performance and service provision of IT services to minimise disruption
- providing day to day supervision to the IT support team including identifying training needs and providing appropriate development opportunities
- being responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software resolving a range of technical issues to ensure continuity of service provision
- ensuring dedicated IT areas are ready for use regularly checking software and hardware, repairing faults and reporting more complicated faults to a specialist / contractor as appropriate
- overseeing and maintain the integrity and security of all systems by use of appropriate user protocols and undertake related monitoring and reporting
- supporting the Network Manager in the maintenance and development of the network
- providing user support to identify and respond to a range of system or process issues that arise within an agreed framework of performance criteria
- providing basic IT training to colleagues and pupils where appropriate to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised
- monitoring adherence to IT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage and report any concerns.
Please visit our new recruitment website to apply.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.