About the role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic School Counsellor to provide learning support to identified students within Thrybergh Academy.
You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. You should ideally have an understanding of learning strategies, have good communication skills, both written and oral, be able to work as part of a team, independently within a classroom setting and 1:1 with students.
The successful candidate will focus on mental health SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health).
- Providing an independent and confidential counselling service to students through individual sessions, responding to their personal, social emotional or educational concerns
- Working closely with the pastoral team to ensure the wellbeing of students, maintaining confidentiality; to assist with safeguarding referrals when disclosures are made
- Under the guidance of teaching staff, work with targeted students providing specific support to assist individuals or small groups in overcoming barriers to learning
- Observing and providing feedback on student progress to assist teaching staff in identifying individual needs
- Mentoring students on a 1:1 basis to assist in the implementation of individual learning plans
- Planning and delivering SEMH interventions and review progress
- Providing additional support to students enabling them to access resources
- Assisting in building relationships and communicating with students’ families and guardians to ensure they are kept up to date with any concerns and progress
- Maintaining student records to ensure accurate records are maintained
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.