About the role
We are looking for someone who can play a key role within Thrybergh Academy. The successful candidate will manage cover requiring them to work from 7.15am in order to set daily cover.
- To organise cover for absent teaching staff using the Trust MIS, including engaging external supply staff when necessary to ensure sufficient classroom staffing. This will include authorising agency invoices and completing on-line agency timesheets if necessary and or signing teaching supply forms
- To manage the work of the Cover Supervisors to ensure lessons for absent teachers are covered throughout the school day (including the provision of individual timetables and class lists)
- To manage and oversee the Cover Supervisor Team (permanent and relief) including training, management, performance management etc. This will include the recruitment of the Cover Team
- To monitor the reporting systems for absences of teaching staff on a daily basis including reviewing the diary of events, planning cover in advance, wherever possible, to ensure sufficient cover is enlisted
- To manage the cover rota for teaching staff to ensure that cover duties for absent colleagues are apportioned fairly across all teaching staff
- To be responsible for emergency cover throughout the day including room changes if required
- To take a lead role in the development and maintenance of manual and computerised records /management information systems for all aspects of cover, duties and absence to ensure that all administrative activities are carried out in accordance with school policy and procedures
- To take a primary role in the recording and notifications of records regarding absence and cover, recording all absence on the Trust MIS
- To provide detailed analysis and evaluation of data and produce reports / information as required relating to absence, cover and duties
- To maintain a teaching supply list, including sourcing new staff, to ensure sufficient quality staff are available when required
- To oversee and produce reports as required in relation to the school’s supply budget
- To liaise – on a daily basis – with the person responsible for the curriculum to ensure communications with the Senior Leadership Team on matters regarding cover. Thus, allowing the curriculum needs to be met.
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies.
To be considered for the post, you should:
- Enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills
- Have a minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE grade 4/C (required)
- Hold an appropriate qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3 (essential)
- Have experience of working within an information, advice and guidance setting
- Be IT literate particularly around Google, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage several different work streams at once without close supervision
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than one side of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.