Teaching Assistant Level 4
About the role
You will organise and manage the learning environment and resources, undertaking specified work with individuals, groups and whole classes.
- To plan, prepare and deliver specified learning activities, setting challenging teaching and learning objectives to evaluate and adjust lessons / work plans as appropriate to ensure individual needs are met
- Monitor and evaluate student responses to learning through a range of assessment strategies to assess the needs of students using specialist skills to support students’ learning
- Develop and implement EHCPs including attendance at, and contribution to reviews to support students in response to their individual needs; leading meetings with parents/careers to provide constructive feedback on student progress /achievement
- Liaise with staff and other relevant professional including those from external agencies to ensure information is shared as appropriate
- Produce lesson plans and supervise whole classes delivering learning activities to support the development of students’ skills, this may include the provision of short-term cover supervision
- Record progress and achievement to provide objective and accurate feedback and reports including the provision of appropriate evidence to inform assessments and next steps planning
- To manage student behaviour in line with agreed policy to promote self-control and independence
- Support students with pastoral care to provide a supportive learning environment for students where individual needs are met
- Carry out clerical responsibilities to support the class teacher e.g. photocopying, laminating, student displays etc
- Calms volatile situations, dealing effectively with difficult students and stakeholders
Our ideal candidates will be able to promote positive behaviour and suggest and implement activities which will help develop students’ social skills and self-discipline.
You should enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills.
A minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE grade 4/C is required HLTA qualification or equivalent is essential.
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than one side of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.