About the role
Wickersley Partnership Trust, in association with the Governing Body of Rawmarsh Sandhill Primary School is seeking an outstanding and inspirational Headteacher with the passion, vision and resilience to lead the team at Rawmarsh Sandhill Primary School. You will have high expectations and the knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills to lead sustained improvement throughout the school, whilst being committed to providing a creative, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
The school was moved from ‘inadequate’ to ‘requires improvement’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. The role is an exciting opportunity for a new leader to continue to build on this improvement alongside a team committed to ensuring our children are placed at the centre of all decisions made, and that they receive the best quality education possible.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Significant leadership experience and a proven track record of continuous whole school improvement
- Impressive levels of commitment, drive and resilience
- Clear, focused vision to take our school forward to secure the best outcomes for all pupils
- Excellent understanding of effective strategies for raising attainment and achieving excellence
- Strong leadership, management and organisational skills and excellent inter-personal skills
- Innovative ideas to promote the school, engaging with parents, carers and the wider community
In return we can offer:
- Supportive, well informed Governors who are dedicated to a vision of educational excellence, with commitment to your continuing professional and personal development
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with our Trust partner schools
- A committed, dedicated and friendly team of staff with high expectations of themselves
- Children who love learning
- The support of Wickersley Partnership Trust
We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for a talented, driven individual to help progress their career.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact our HR team on 01709807600 to arrange a visit.
Candidates will be shortlisted Wednesday 3rd May for Interviews to take place Friday 5th May 2023.
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.