Senior Finance Officer – Pensions
Permanent, full time
WPT Band 6 (£25,481 – £27,741)
As soon as possible
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our vision can be found on our website, which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Senior Officer to support the pensions operations within the Trust’s central finance team. Reporting to the finance manager, you will work closely with Teachers Pension and Local Government pension schemes to ensure a prompt and efficient service ensuring compliance with legislation and reporting requirements. Your role will involve:
- Processing of all pensions related data to and from the pension schemes and other third parties
- Monthly reconciliation of employee pension contributions.
- Preparing and issuing monthly/annual reporting information for each scheme.
- Obtaining information for individuals relating to pensions, including valuations for
retirement, ill health retirement benefit quotes and allowance calculations.
- Administration of pension schemes the ensure they conform to statutory notifications, opt in/out etc.
- Maintenance and development of the payroll system.
- Reviewing and processing adjustments and deductions.
- Completing training and development opportunities required for the role as well as
supporting others where necessary.
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies. Your role will be based at our head office.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact Steve Clayton at our head office on 01709 807600.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.