Science Technician / Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
37hrs/week, term time only
National Apprenticeship Wage
As soon as possible
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our vision can be found on our website which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual to develop a successful career. The successful candidate will be expected to help the science curriculum with tasks around the workshop. This will involve working with various hazardous materials and setting up workshops ready for lessons.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the delivering and implementing work programmes to individual/groups of pupils under direction of the class teacher enabling them to achieve maximum access and participate in National curriculum
- Assist in supporting learning and teaching in the classroom
- Assist in supporting the school’s behaviour systems ensuring high standards of pupil behaviour
- Assist in maximising the use of ICT in the learning process
- Assist with administering routine tests and invigilate exams/tests and undertake routine admin duties including the marking of the pupils’ work
- Assist within routine clerical tasks, classroom organisation and display
- Preparation of materials/solutions needed for practical lessons
- Provision and clearing away of practical science lessons
- Provision of apparatus for practical exams
- Maintaining and stocking of laboratories
- Organising and storing chemicals, materials and equipment
- Checking maintaining and repairing of equipment
- Looking after plant and animal specimens
- Giving technical advice to staff and students
- Maintaining health and safety requirements
- Constructing and modifying apparatus
- Repairing and maintaining equipment
- Disposing of waste materials according to given guidelines
- Ordering of supplies, including obtaining materials by local purchase; Checking deliveries and invoices
- Stock control
- Providing technical assistance to trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers
- Liaising with teaching staff and other technicians
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.