Permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only
WPT Band 8 £34,728 – £38,890 (£30,587 – £34,253 pro rata)
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, pupils and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
You will be responsible for the operational leadership of safeguarding and child protection within Rawmarsh Community School. Duties include:
- Day-to-day management of the Safeguarding Team including line management responsibility for Safeguarding Officer(s) and Administrators
- Oversee the work of the Family Support Team
- Responding appropriately to disclosures relating to the well-being of a child and supporting any staff who make referrals to the appropriate authority
- Attendance and participation in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings
- Providing outreach to families including making home visits, where appropriate
To be successful in this role you must be able to evidence specialist procedural knowledge and have effective management skills.
Please visit our new recruitment website to apply.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.