About the role
We are seeking to employ a Cover Supervisor to join our current team working within Rawmarsh Community School to supervise students across the age range 11-16 years, in the absence of their teacher.
This is an ideal route into teaching for those who are considering this as a career path.
You must have at least five GCSE passes at Grade 4/C or above including Maths and English. Ideally you will also have good higher level qualifications, with the ambition and talent to pursue working in an educational environment.
Previous experience of working with young people is preferable but not essential.
A full induction and training package will be provided and Supervisors will be supported by Senior Staff.
The Trust is fully committed to supporting the development of the staff in this role which may include assistance with progression into a teaching role for those who wish to develop their career in education.
- Deliver activities that have been prepared by the classroom teacher and supervise self-directed learning to ensure that learning is not disrupted by the teacher’s absence and the curriculum continues to be delivered successfully
- Set up the classroom appropriately, ensuring the correct resources are available to deliver the learning activities efficiently whilst giving consideration to health and safety
- Provide immediate, informal feedback to students to ensure that students continue to perform to a high standard
- Manage student behaviour dealing with any immediate problems ensuring that the learning activities run smoothly, and pupil safety is maintained
- Provide feedback and return any completed work to the classroom teacher so that any further action can be followed up by the teacher
To be considered for the post, you should:
- Enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills.
- Have a minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE grade 4/C
- Hold an appropriate qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3
- Have experience of working within an information, advice and guidance setting
- Be IT literate particularly around Google, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and capability with other technology platforms
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage several different work streams at once without close supervision
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.