Apprentice Teaching Assistant KS3/KS4
32.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday term time only. Shifts to be confirmed. Expected duration: 18 months
£139.75 per week
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
Based at Rawmarsh Community School this apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven, and passionate individual with a keen interest in developing a successful career gaining experience together with achieving an accredited qualification. You will work towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard.
Each day in a school is different and diverse. Wickersley Partnership Trust is looking for those who will bring out the best in students and help our schools reach their full potential, developing a clear understanding of how a school is run on a daily basis and helping care for the needs of the students.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the delivering and implementing work programmes to individual/groups of students under direction of the class teacher enabling them to achieve maximum access and participate in National curriculum
- Assist in supporting learning and teaching in the classroom
- Assist in supporting the school’s behaviour systems ensuring high standards of student behaviour
- Assist in maximising the use of ICT in the learning process
- Assist with administering routine tests and invigilate exams/tests and undertake routine admin duties including the marking of the students’ work
- Assist within routine clerical tasks, classroom organisation and display
The apprenticeship is provided by RNN Group.
Follow this link for more information and to apply: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-623444
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.