Permanent, full time
WPT Band 9 (£40,876 – £44,862)
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our WPT’s vision can be found on the website which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate, organised and experienced leader to play a key role in the central team of Wickersley Partnership Trust. No day is the same in this role and you will be exposed to many different and interesting projects. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, you will provide strategic leadership of all non-academic related services, excluding finance and HR, ensuring their operational excellence. This could include but is not limited to transport, income generation, facility management, catering, environmental responsibility etc. By providing effective and efficient support, you will help us to continue to secure the best possible educational provision in each of our schools.
Your role with us will involve:
- working effectively as part of the WPT central team to regularly review and monitor systems and processes of work to support a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and best practice
- managing numerous projects involving others using tools and techniques to ensure accountability and consistent communication
- working with the media team to ensure effective promotion and marketing of the Trust to different audiences, and to raise the Trust’s profile within the local community and regionally
- working collaboratively with WPT academies to deliver purchase agreements and supplier arrangements as appropriate ensuring value for money e.g catering etc. being responsible for the management and oversight of delivery of agreed SLAs
- seeking opportunities to maximise revenue for example through the letting of WPT’s facilities, research new ventures and bidding for additional funding opportunities, liaising with relevant organisations as necessary.
- working with the HR team to ensure we are always keeping staff welfare at the top of the agenda as well as other projects such as achieving green flag status in being eco-schools
- managing the conversion process for schools joining WPT, ensuring that the consultation process is carried out and documented effectively; supporting the due diligence process carried out on behalf of the Trust communicating, discussing and agreeing the Scheme of Delegation appropriate to the applicant school
- maintenance of the incident management guidelines and disaster recovery plan
As a potential candidate you will:
- have a demonstrable track record of success in the effective leadership and delivery of support services and managing change in a large organisation;
- have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, influence and negotiate effectively
- be positive and passionate about working for the benefit of children and young people
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies. Your role will be based at the Cranworth site with regular visits to our schools.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role with the CEO, please contact our head office on 01709 807600.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.