Permanent, full time
WPT Band 7 £29,577 – £32,910
As soon as possible
We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and committed IT Network Manager with excellent IT infrastructure knowledge and support skills. Working with the trust’s Senior IT Manager you will be responsible for all IT related systems within the Gainsborough Academy. The candidate should have a positive, proactive, trouble-shooting approach. They must be organised, flexible and a team player. You will be an integral part of our school providing the tools and skills needed for teachers to deliver high quality lessons.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our WPT’s vision can be found on the website which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
Your role with us will involve:
- Overall responsibility for the ICT network of the academy ensuring effective performance and service provision of ICT services to minimise disruption
- Contribute to the development of Trust ICT policies and procedures and managing the implementation within the academy
- To develop and manage a comprehensive database of all support requests in order to maintain service standards
- Manage the work of the ICT support team providing technical support to staff and ensuring all training and development needs are met.
- Identify academy staff training issues and develop and deliver appropriate training
- Create and manage all user accounts, ensuring correct access rights and conduct regular audit to ensure to ICT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage applying filters where necessary and report as appropriate in line with Trust policy
- Advise colleagues on the likely compatibility of new software/ hardware, installing the same as requested by colleagues and maintain records of all installations carried out
- Oversee the academy’s ICT budget, procuring agreed equipment on behalf of the academy
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact our head office on 01709 807600.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.