Lead IT Technician
Permanent, full time
WPT Band 5 (£22,626 – £24,491)
As soon as possible
There are two posts available. Post 1 will be working across all Trust schools in the Rotherham area (this advert). Post 2 will be based at The Gainsborough Academy.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our WPT’s vision can be found on the website which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
We are looking for a knowledgeable, organised and experienced person to support the use and development of ICT within the academy through supervising ICT support in the maintenance of ICT software, hardware and related equipment, and providing support to staff and pupils to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised. By providing effective and efficient support, you will help us to continue to secure the best possible educational provision in each of our schools.
Your role with us will involve:
- contributing to and support the development of IT services across the Trust
- responsibility for maintaining effective back-up systems and procedures and ensuring accurate restoration of data when required
- ensuring the IT budget is used effectively to support teaching and learning, and that all staff have effective IT equipment
- being responsible for the effective performance and service provision of ICT services to minimise disruption
- maintaining a comprehensive database of all support requests and allocate jobs to appropriate staff in order to maintain service standards
- providing day to day supervision to ICT support team including identifying training needs and providing appropriate development opportunities
- being responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software resolving a range of technical issues to ensure continuity of service provision
- ensuring dedicated ICT areas are ready for use regularly checking software and hardware, repairing faults and reporting more complicated faults to a specialist / contractor as appropriate
- overseeing and maintain the integrity and security of all systems by use of appropriate user protocols and undertake related monitoring and reporting
- supporting the Network Manager in the maintenance and development of the network
- providing user support to identify and respond to a range of system or process issues that arise within an agreed framework of performance criteria
- providing basic ICT training to colleagues and pupils where appropriate to ensure administration and learning outcomes are maximised
- monitoring adherence to ICT policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage and report any concerns.
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact our head office on 01709 807600.
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.