Group 7 L24 (£74,295 – £86,061)
Wickersley Partnership Trust, in association with the Governing Board of Clifton Community School, are seeking an outstanding Headteacher with a proven track record of success to build on the school’s strengths and take it forward into the next stages of its development. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of almost 900 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. We are a school with high expectations and a student-centred focus. In 2019, Ofsted acknowledged that Leaders and teachers have a real passion for doing their best for students. Clifton is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted December 2019), with the drive and determination to be outstanding.
At Clifton Community School, we aim to send all students out into the world able and qualified to play their full part in it, through an ambitious, creative and innovative curriculum which empowers students with the skills, knowledge and attributes to allow them to succeed in the next phase of their education and on into their working life.
We aim to engender a love of learning, self-belief and aspiration by:
- Removing barriers and development of basic skills
- Developing skills for learning
- Developing personal attributes
- Enriching their experiences and broadening their horizons
This role is an exciting opportunity for a new leader to build on our current success, develop a fresh perspective on whole-school improvement, and implement changes to enhance our student and staff experiences.
If you are a strategic leader who is wholeheartedly committed to education with the skills, experience and knowledge required to provide inspirational leadership whilst sharing our values and ambition to develop excellence in all our young people and employees, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant will need to display a wide range of skills and experiences including a thorough understanding of the educational landscape, a strong grasp of financial and governance frameworks, and the ability to act with high levels of integrity and humility who will share our vision and ethos ’to send every young person out into the world, able and qualified to play their full part in it’.
You will need to harness these abilities to help identify innovative and effective responses to the current challenges facings Trusts and Schools alike. Critically you will be able to energise and enthuse all of our stakeholders. We believe that for the right candidate the role will be exciting, rewarding and fulfilling.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- The opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A strong, innovative and focused team of teachers and support staff who are all proud to be part of the CCS family
- A committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils and are relentless in their drive to bring about improvement in their subject areas
- Mature, well-behaved students with high aspirations to learning and who have pride in their school
- Parents who value the school’s support and the progress made by their children
- A ‘Good’ School (Ofsted December 2019)
- An ambitious Governing Board which provides key support and challenge, with commitment to our Continuing Professional Development
- A school that is well run and in a stable financial position
- Opportunities to work collaboratively and receive support from the Trust
We want a candidate who:
- Has significant leadership experience and will be comfortable managing competing agendas
- Has vision and credibility and who will be an inspirational leader for the whole school community
- Is committed to driving excellence in teaching and learning in order to raise standards and secure the best outcomes for all students
- Has impressive levels of commitment, drive and resilience
- Is an innovative, strategic thinker, able to plan for continuous improvement and manage change with confidence
- Can develop a trusting and supportive working relationship with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further achievement
- Can embrace the challenge of an ever-evolving educational landscape whilst developing our inclusive ethos within the school
- Can sustain and further develop the school’s positive relationships with parents/carers and maintain well-established links with other schools based within the Trust
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit to the school please contact Jen Jarvis at firstname.lastname@example.org. In light of Covid restrictions, visits will take place after school hours.
Interview dates: 17th & 18th May.
Clifton Community School and Wickersley Partnership Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please visit the school website to view our safeguarding policy.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at:
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.