and Early Career
Train to teach with Wickersley Partnership Trust, in collaboration with Learners First
Graduate (or soon-to-be graduate) teachers! Looking for your next challenge?
We’re on the lookout for passionate and committed teachers to join Wickersley Partnership Trust in September 2023!
We’re working with Learners First Schools Partnership to offer school-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programmes for graduates.
If you specialise in the following subjects*, we’d love to hear from you:
We have roles available at:
- Wickersley School & Sports College, Rotherham
- Thrybergh Academy, Rotherham
- Rawmarsh Community School, Rotherham
- Clifton Community School, Rotherham
- The Gainsborough Academy, Gainsborough
It’s an exciting time to join WPT as we grow our team of dedicated teachers. The posts are also suitable for ECTs – we offer an excellent support system through our comprehensive ECT and CPD programme.
As a teacher at WPT, main responsibilities include:
- To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate students
- To inspire and improve student attainment, modelling outstanding practice
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning to continue the drive to raise of attainment and ensure all students make excellent progress
- To ensure high standards of student behaviour, in line with the school policy and procedures
Benefits of working with Wickersley Partnership Trust
- Competitive salary and generous Teacher Pension Schemes
- Annual Staff Awards
- Westfield Health subscription including:
- The Big White Wall – a confidential, safe online forum
- Doctorline – 24/7 access to a GP 24-hour advice and information line
- 1:1 counselling (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Embedded System Leadership with support from colleagues from across the Trust
- Ongoing Professional Development opportunities
Established in 2012, Learners First is an independent, not-for-profit, school-led organisation governed by serving school leaders. Their school-based Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programmes offer trainees the opportunity to gain both Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) which is University accredited.
As a trainee you could be eligible for a bursary** or there may be opportunities for you to earn an income as you train through our salaried routes.
For more information about Learners First, see their website.
If this sounds like the role for you, complete an ‘Expression of Interest‘ form.
*Learners First may offer other subjects, please visit their website to find out more.
** ITT only – eligibility criteria applies
Honours degree at 2:2 or above required.