Finance Officer – Payroll
Permanent, term time only, 37hrs/week
WPT Band 5 £22,627 – £24,491 (£19,581 – £21,194 pro rata)
As soon as possible
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our vision can be found on our website, which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Payroll Officer to join our Trust’s central finance team. Reporting to the finance manager, you will work closely with the outsourced payroll provider to ensure a prompt and efficient payroll service ensuring compliance with legislation and reporting requirements. Your role will involve:
- Ensuring that up-to-date information regarding salary scales, pension rates, and any other relevant information, for all categories of staff are applied and maintained.
- Ensuring that payroll and pension processes and procedures are documented and
legislatively compliant, regularly reviewed and updated to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring that the monthly BACS transmission for payroll and all associated third party
payments are completed accurately and paid over in accordance with the payroll timetable.
- Providing guidance to pension enquiries and signpost advice services where appropriate being a key team member for both finance and HR.
- Dealing with a wide range of payroll enquiries from employees and other stakeholders, providing advice and guidance on all payroll and pension matters including the interpretation of current legislation and regulations.
- Producing and taking ownership of reports sharing with relevant stakeholders
- Completing training and development opportunities required for the role as well as
supporting others where necessary
You will be given full support in your career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students. We will be scoring the application and interview process based on skills required for the role as well as behaviour competencies. Your role will be based at our head office.
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please contact Steve Clayton at our head office on 01709 807600.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.