About the role
As an Energy Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Trust to deliver and validate energy, carbon and cost reductions. Identify and implement energy efficiency measures, low and zero carbon solutions and operational best practice through benchmarking and best practice guidelines.
- Monitor and analyse data from the Automatic Meter reading (AMR) system, identifying andinvestigating trends in energy use and opportunities for energy reduction
- Work with the CFO and Senior Premises and Compliance Manager to purchase energy advising on the most appropriate arrangements to suit market conditions and negotiating supply contracts
- Monitor and report on energy and carbon expenditure, highlighting issues with regard topoor performing sites and recommending actions as necessary
- Prepare and present energy consumption and cost data to the Senior Premisesand Compliance Manager, CFO and other stakeholders, and prepare data for use inpresentations and reports by others
- Identify opportunities for energy efficiency carbon reduction projects.
- Develop thorough business case and life-cycle costings, manage projects through implementation phase andvalidate financial and carbon savings at completion
- Identify grant funding streams, put together bids and proposals to utilise funding to improve energy efficiency and reduce costs and carbon emission;
- Monitor and report on energy consumption and carbon emissions following project implementation
- Assist in the delivery of carbon reduction and other Estates projects including identifying suitable locations and assisting with technical preparation for such projects
- Benchmark energy consumption against best practice
- Provide technical and practical advice and offer training on energy efficiency and carbonreduction, create promotional activities and materials to publicise particular schemes.
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategies and policies to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Contribute to setting of and be responsible for the management of utilities budgets
- Keep abreast of energy market developments and changes, ensuring that the Trust complies with all energy related Legislation
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.