Permanent, 32.5hrs/week, term time only
WPT Band 5 £22,627 – £24,491 (£17,199 – £18,616 pro rata)
As soon as possible
We are seeking to employ a Cover Supervisor to work 32.5 hours per week, term time only. You will join our team working within school to supervise students across the age range 11-16 years, in the absence of their teacher.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 7 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties with a further primary and secondary school due to join the Trust in the near future. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about our vision can be found on our website, which we highly recommend taking a look at if applying for this role.
About the role
- To ensure high quality in-class supervision for students when teachers timetabled for classes are absent.
- To cover Tutor Groups facilitating the intellectual and social development of students.
- To promote a positive student-focused approach, follow agreed lesson plans, support the teaching and learning of individual groups of students.
- To follow school policy to deliver a purposeful working atmosphere and implement and monitor the schools behaviour/reward policy.
- When cover is not required, work with teachers and other staff in supporting students in and out of the classroom
- To carry out tasks within a specific Department/Faculty as allocated by their designated Head of Department/Faculty Leader.
- To carry out other relevant duties as may reasonably be required by the Headteacher
- Maintain supportive relationships with parents, carers and others of the students’ community.
- Work with or alongside other professionals as necessary.
- Invigilate tests and exams when required
- To attend training sessions as required and be committed to continuous professional development.
- To be aware of the school’s duty of care in relation to staff, students and visitors and to comply with all health and safety policies at all times
Completed application forms should be returned to Liz Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in partnership with Wickersley School and Sports College, “An Outstanding School” – Ofsted 2013, this role will provide you with support, along with excellent CPD and good career opportunities.
We undertake to make any reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face. This school operates a no smoking policy.
Application forms and further details are available by clicking on the links above.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.