Learning Mentor Level 1
Temporary (1 year), 37 hours per week, term time only + 5 INSET days
WPT Band 5 £22,627 – £24,491 (£19,842 – £21,476 pro rata)
As soon as possible
At Wickersley Partnership Trust, students and learning are at the centre of everything we do. We nurture the development of knowledge, creativity, skills and understanding to help our children develop into happy, healthy, caring and successful citizens. We do this in a safe and positive learning environment where every individual is valued, self-belief is encouraged and each individual is able to achieve their full potential.
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice. More about WPT’s vision can be found on our website.
About the role
We are seeking applications from highly motivated candidates to work as a Learning Mentor within the Personalised Learning Team at Clifton Community School. The role will be based at the Alternative Provision we have in place at the House, supporting pupils with additional needs and taking a lead on the day to day delivery of the provision.
Duties will include:
- Providing particular support for students and access to learning
- Supporting students to understand instructions and keeping students on task
- Supporting students to overcome barriers to learning
- Establishing good relationships with students, and responding to individual needs
- Using strategies to support students to achieve learning goals
- Preparation of resources relevant to the learning activity and assisting students in their use
- Working with other professionals e.g. Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy etc. as necessary
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.