Learning Mentor Level 1 - (English as a Foreign Language)
About the role
We are seeking applications from highly motivated candidates to work as a Learning Mentor within the Pastoral and Safeguarding with energy and vision to support the learning of our EAL students.
You will be supported by a qualified, experienced team at Clifton Community School.
You should be a reliable and professional individual who is committed to giving the best education to the students you work with, who may have barriers to learning to overcome.
We aim to appoint individuals who can make a real difference, and help secure outstanding outcomes for our children and families.
Duties will include:
- Providing particular support for students learning English as their second language
- Ensuring high standards of student behaviour, in line with the school policy and procedures
- Establishing good relationships with students and their families/guardians, and responding to individual needs
- Using strategies to support students to achieve learning goals
- You will work closely with teaching staff to support the learning needs of our students, providing feedback on progress and maintaining student records
- Working with other professionals e.g. Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy etc. as necessary
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than one side of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.