Assistant Headteacher with Responsibility for Personal Development
About the role
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Head Teachers to join our Leadership Team at The Gainsborough Academy with the responsibility for personal development.
- Make strategic evaluations of teaching, learning and personnel issues, acting as a supportiveand motivated assistant to the Headteacher
- Undertake and take responsibility for duties as delegated by the Headteacher
- Liaise with other personal development leads across the trust
- You will take lead of the student council within the school
- You will also maintain a strong relationship with the safeguarding team within the school
- Lead on the personal development curriculum and link with the director for PSHE and otherpersonal development lead
- Demonstrating the correct Gainsborough method to all students and motivating them tocollect pledges, which will fall under your responsibility to keep track of
- You will inspire and work with all staff to raise standards, lead and contribute to the schoolethos and develop strong, effective relationships with all stakeholders as well as having theresponsibility for personal development
- You should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the principles behind school improvementplanning, monitoring and reviewing progress
- You should have proven leadership skills, a good understanding of what is required tosupport the most vulnerable children in our school, and have high expectations of yourselfand others
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
To be successful in your application, you will need to demonstrate an effective and creative approach to teaching, a passion for your subject and a commitment to supporting the development of the department.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.