Caretaker Level 1
About the role
We are hiring for a Level 1 Caretaker to join our facilities team at Rawmarsh Ashwood Primary School.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of duties on the school grounds. They will need to be self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative, as part of the team, and have a flexible and open minded attitude to working, with the ability to prioritise workloads and respond to emergencies when called upon.
As a Caretaker, your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and security of the school building and grounds
- Performing basic repairs and maintenance on the building and equipment
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are upheld
- Managing the school’s keys and alarm system
- Supervising the set-up and breakdown of equipment for events and activities
- Coordinating with outside contractors for larger repairs or maintenance projects
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.