Apprentice Attendance Officer
£159.10 per week
Possible start date: 24th May 2021
Wickersley Partnership Trust was founded in 2014 with charitable status and currently
comprises of 8 primary schools and 5 secondary schools (including 1 sixth form) across
Rotherham and neighbouring counties. WPT is committed to ensuring that all students have the best educational experience possible, and to do this, we recognise the importance of supporting our staff thoroughly in their professional development through the dissemination of best practice and collaboration, and through reflecting and debating on their practice.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to support in developing and maintaining systems to enable the Academy to improve levels of attendance/truancy. To provide support in relation to attendance, working under the guidance of the Assistant Principle.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to supporting with the following:
- To ensure student absence line messages, attendance emails are collated and recorded on Bromcom
- First day absence phone calls/texts are actioned
- Inform SFWT of any concerns relating to students missing from education
- Input paper registers in a timely fashion into Bromcom
- Ensure any late marks are inputting onto the system
- To send letters of concern home regarding attendance
- To monitor students signing in and out throughout the day and ensure Bromcom is inputted accordingly
- To support the Assistant HOY in maintaining appropriate attendance marks for students in isolation
- To follow up/alert staff with missing registers
- To have knowledge and understanding of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
To apply, follow the link to the Government Apprenticeship Service – https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-587972
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check