Teaching Assistant Level 3
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide one to one support to a student with additional needs within Aston Lodge Primary School.
You must have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
Our ideal candidate will be able to promote positive behaviour and suggest and implement activities which will help develop students’ social skills and self-discipline.
You should enjoy working with young people and have good communication skills and have experience of working with children with SEND. A minimum of Mathematics and English GCSE Grade 4/C is required and a teaching assistant qualification would be an advantage.
Duties will include:
- During lessons to work under the direction of teaching staff
- Undertaking support programmes to enable access to learning of students
- Being routinely involved in the delivery of complex support tasks to individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Supporting students with a range of both behavioural and emotional difficulties
- Working 1:1 with students
- Establishing good relationships with students, and respond to individual needs
- Encouraging inclusion and acceptance in all students
- Encouraging students to interact with others and to engage in activities led by the teacher
- Identifying barriers to learning and determine appropriate strategies to support individual students
- Using strategies to support pupils to achieve learning goals
- Supporting students to understand instructions and keep students on task
- Preparing resources relevant to the learning activity and assist students in their use
How to apply
Head to our recruitment website to apply for this role.
Please upload a supporting statement which should be no longer than two sides of A4 (this should not be a CV) clearly demonstrating:
- Why you are applying for this position
- How you meet the competencies of this role using examples from your current and previous experience (please refer to the job description on the WPT website)
- Any information which you consider relevant that you have not already mentioned
This information is important as it will be used in the shortlisting process to identify suitable candidates for interview and assessments.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. Shortlisted applicants will undergo relevant checks in line with statutory guidance.
Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CVs, all applicants must complete an application form in full.